Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 51a: A postscript

To put it mildly, I am a fan of the postscript.  Otherwise known as the P.S.  I have been know to write letters and emails with P.S.s longer than the body of the letter or email.  I understand that the lengthy P.S. sort of defeats the purpose but it's one of my quirks.  Deal with it.

Any way, I digress.  I saw my best girl this weekend for our annual holiday baking gala and get together where we exchange Christmas gifts.  A few days before our bake-a-thon, I sent her the link to my Day 51 entry titled "Manderly again."  On Saturday, after our kitchen toiling was finished, she gave me a t-shirt that read ""Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."    


Throughout our 20 plus year friendship, we've never discussed Rebecca--the book or movie from whence the quote came.    After opening my gift, I remarked that she really must have ordered the t-shirt fast, thinking that it was chosen in response to my blog entry.  She ordered it months ago and had not gotten around to reading my Day 51 entry.   (The horror, the horror, I know.)   


A sign?  Coincidence?  

No comments:

Post a Comment