Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 34: Stalled

The blonding went well.  My sunshine girl was delighted that her mommy has yellow hair like her. 

But the jumpstart that I was hoping for has yet to materialize.   Of course, I have been felled by a sinus infection and what turns out to be a bladder infection.  Relationship Rule #27:  Do not get a ten-year birth control device implanted in your uterus until he has proven himself long-term-birth-control-device-worthy.*  Even if he says exactly the right things, like I will always fight for you or I am proud of you or I like emotionally high-maintenance women.  Take it from me--no foreign bodies in your sensitive lady parts.   Just don't do it!

So, not only have I failed miserably at my goals since the blonding but I also have not been able to collect empirical data on whether or not blondes really do have more fun.   Of course, I can report fairly confidently that being blonde did not make sick being more fun.  

*Elaine Bennis adopted "sponge-worthy" as her measuring device as to whether she would sleep with a man after learning that her preferred birth-control device, the Today Sponge, had been taken off the market and that she would have to ration those that she had left.   (Watch the clip below.  Bonus the fellow is Luke from Gilmore Girls).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FjmbRParcc&feature=related

**"Just do it!" being Nike's (the shoe, not the Goddess of Victory) slogan for many, many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment