Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 33: Getting Blond Now

(Cue today's theme music: Getting Strong Now from Rocky---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnqZl_blT7E)....

Even though this is my 40th year, I am really a 12-year-old at heart about some things.   Today is the day that I am going to become considerably blonder.  Excited and nervous.   Feeling a bit like a cowgirl in old western as the blonding commences at high noon.  Thinking that I should have worn my cowgirl boots and spurs instead of black dress pants and a teal blouse.  

(Wardrobe digression but somewhat relevant to the issue of being a 12-year-old--the teal blouse is new, bought on clearance last night.   Paired with new vintage-y earrings with teal and tiny seed pearls and matching nail polish, even though I seldom wear polish on my fingernails, named "Mermaid to Order" and matching eyeliner "sparkling emerald" and a matching, vintage-y bracelet, which I already had in my jewelry arsenal.  Both the matching and the purchasing of nail polish based largely on the name also serve as evidence of my inner 12 year old self.  For the record, the earrings were also on sale!)

On the way to work, excited about the next step in my blonding, I catalogued my progress on my other--mental, emotional, and financial stability.  So far, my progress has been mixed on the mental and emotional and a failure on the financial with one notable exception.   Today marks my 9th day sans liquid crack from Starbucks which is a $50 savings.  Progress on my other recently added goals--drinking more water, a minimum of 3 gym workouts per week, and more sleep have also been a mixed bag.  Near total fail on the drinking more water, at least 1 workout per week, and some real progress on the sleep.  Hoping that the getting blond now will help ignite a spark and get me strong.

So, in sum, the state of my union remains in flux but with forward progress.  Life is a marathon, not a sprint. It's training to build up endurance for challenges big and small.   Here's to moving forward, embracing our inner 12 year olds, and discovering the beauty in the ordinary....And to the weekend as an almost blonde!  Cheers.


"It was chaos. Rocky, you went the distance. You went the 15 rounds. How do you feel? "

"[about Apollo] I've never seen a fighter that concerned about his hair."



"Tonight, we have had the privilege of witnessing the greatest exhibition of guts and stamina in the history of the ring!"



No comments:

Post a Comment