Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 22: Too busy and too blah

Too busy and too blah to blog but needed a break, so here I am.  

Picture an office with large pile of files ready to topple over on its hapless inhabitant, with disheveled hair, glasses, and the remnants of red lipstick.   Working late.  Again.   Like a New Yorker cartoon (if I were a cool, urban Manhattan-ite instead of a pasty midwesterner).  Missing aerobics.  Again.  Which intensifies the blahs.    

As for the too blah, those April showers have not led to May flowers.  Metaphorically.  Literally, the April showers have, in fact, led to May flowers in various states of bloom and verdant grass that is the envy of suburbanites far and wide.     But for me, while not horrible, things remain largely gray and colourless, save a few spots of vibrant colour.  Some intense, pleasurable spots of  colour (you know who you are!!!).  And some intense spots of anger and frustration (you know who you are too though probably not because it is highly unlikely that you read my blog or even know how to read or unable to read because your heads are so far up your respective assholes). 

Sometimes, it's good to have defense attorneys to yell at on the phone.  Just saying.  I was this close (pinches fingers almost together) to yelling at a judge but I have visited our jails and believe me, AAA would give them negative diamonds and recommend sleeping in the street adjacent to the jail.   So, silently seething, I counted the ways to be held in contempt without caring about (1) keeping my job and law license and (2) damning the health consequences of short-term incarceration.  Pretty much I'd have to win the lottery or have one week to live.  Alas if I won the lottery or had one week to live, honestly, I'd be somewhere far, far, far away from here.  Besides, I could aim to be held in contempt in absentia, via live video feed or through the internet or even the pony express....

No comments:

Post a Comment